The Natick Sons and Daughters of Italy has been awarding educational scholarships for over 50 years. Since 2014, we have awarded approximately $41,000 in Lodge and family scholarships. These scholarships are awarded to graduating senior high students and our student volunteer of the year. We present the Francis J. Cristofori Memorial Scholarship award on behalf of Mark Cristofori. We are proud of legacy promoting higher education in our community.
Here is a complete list of the 2020 scholarship recipients.
2021 Scholarship Application
- The below documents must be received in one envelope, postmarked no later than March 31. No exceptions will be made.
- The The 2021 Francesco DeSanctis Lodge #1411 application form must be filled out completely and signed by the applicant.
- Letter of recommendation from your high school principal, counselor, or teacher.
- Personal essay written and signed by the applicant stating the reasons for applying for this scholarship and listing particular interests, activities and future goals.
- Official transcript of grades received during the high school years.
- Recipients will be notified by mail no earlier than June 1 of the year of application.
- The Francesco DeSanctis Lodge #1411 awards multiple scholarships to applicants.
- Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- High school grades
- Activities and/or community service
- Work experience
- Scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are attending the following types of schools
- Two-year certified vocational school
- Two-year junior college
- Four-year college
- Should the award recipient decide to attend a college, university, or vocational school other than what they have listed on their application as submitted to the Scholarship Committee, he/she must submit the new school to the Scholarship Committee no later than May 25.
- Applications that are not submitted with proper documentation will not be considered.
- The scholarship award will be payable to the award recipient on the night of the Scholarship Award Night, which is always the 2nd Monday of June. The award recipient must attend in order to receive the award.
- Should any recipient choose to discontinue college (or vocational school) studies or select a non-academic career path, the award recipient must notify the Francesco DeSanctis Lodge #1411 as their scholarship will be rescinded.
- All applications submitted become the property of the Francesco DeSanctis Lodge #1411, Sons and Daughters of Italy, and cannot be returned.